Week beginning Monday 5th June
Our topic for next half term is Food! The children will be working on an Enabling Enterprise project which involves creating recipes and planning and hosting a food fayre to which you will be invited!
In our English lessons our focus text will be Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. We will be reading the first few chapters to the children through shared reading allowing a focus on comprehension skills. The children will also be completing activities that focus of vocabulary extension and comparing characters.
In Maths, we will be applying our knowledge of the place value of 3- digit numbers to solve a series of mathematical problems and puzzles.
Our objectives for the week are to;
- recognise the place value of each digit in a 3-digit number (100s, 10s, 1s)
- compare and order numbers up to 1,000
- identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations
- read and write numbers up to 1,000 in numerals and in words
- solve number problems and practical problems involving these ideas
The children have a written comprehension, reading books, Mathletics tasks and spellings to learn for a test on the first Friday back after half term.
The Year 3 team.