Priory School is a large foundation primary school in Slough.
As a School of Creativity, we ensure every child has the opportunity to develop through a wide range of creative activities including art, drama, music, dance and philosophy for children. We believe that encouraging our children to think and to question, helps them to develop essential life skills.
Children are given opportunities to develop their confidence and leadership skills through taking an active role in the School Council, as Ambassadors; who guide and inform visitors, buddies, looking after younger children in the playground and eco monitors.
Our most recent OFSTED inspection highlighted the many strengths the school has, including an excellent provision for children in the early years, high quality teaching and learning and a broad, balanced, exciting curriculum.
- Large grounds including playing fields, two playgrounds, an outside classroom, adventure play equipment and an outdoor theatre
- A large hall with stage, lighting and sound system
- A separate gym
- 3 state of the art Windows 8.1 computer suites and pools of bookable mobile devices (such as iPads)
- Interactive whiteboards in all classrooms
- Two well resourced school libraries
- Reading Garden
- We have a 50 place special needs resource unit for children with complex needs. This includes physical, medical and sensory needs, ASD and social, emotional and mental health needs. This is a unique facility that works to integrate children into the mainstream education. The majority of children are able to transfer to a mainstream secondary school. The resource unit has access to a range of outside agencies including physiotherapy, occupational therapy and conductive education. The school also employs it’s own education physiologist to support all children with SEND
- We offer Breakfast and After School Care for children before and after school. Please click here for more details.
We pride ourselves on being a fully inclusive school.
Please click here to download a summary of the School Improvement Plan.