Week beginning 15thMay
In our English lessons next week we will continue to focus on persuasive writing. The children will be writing their own persuasive letter in role as an endangered animal. We will focus on the layout features required for a formal letter and explore the use of; rhetorical questions, exaggeration, supporting statistics and emotive language to persuade.
In Maths, we will be focusing on time. We will be focusing on;
- telling and writing the time using an analogue clock ,including using Roman numerals from I to XII, and 12-hour
- reading 24-hour clocks
- estimating and reading time with increasing accuracy to the nearest minute
- comparing time in terms of seconds, minutes and hours; use vocabulary such as o’clock, am/pm, morning, afternoon, noon and midnight
- recalling the number of seconds in a minute and the number of days in each month, year and leap year
- comparing durations of events [for example, to calculate the time taken by particular events or tasks]
BBC Bitesize has some great on line activities which will help reinforce our learning,
We are very excited about our trip to Whipsnade Zoo on Thursday 18th May. Please make sure your child is wearing suitable footwear for a lot of walking and that they have a lightweight waterproof jacket. If you are providing your child with a packed lunch please make sure they are able to carry it easily and it can all be thrown away after we have eaten. An extra bottle of water to drink throughout the day is also needed.
If your child would like to purchase a souvenir, if time allows, we hope to offer an optional visit to the gift shop. The shop offers a number of different items for £3. If you wish to do so please provide your child with a named purse or wallet with a maximum of £3.
Don’t forget we will be returning to school at 4.30pm.
The children have a written comprehension, reading books, Mathletics tasks and spellings to learn for a test on Friday.
The Year 3 team.