Welcome to Year 3!
The Year 3 Teaching Team includes Mrs Machingauta (Year Leader), Miss Morgan, Miss Clayton, and Mr Gaute.
The Teaching Assistants that support Year 3 are Mrs Saroay, Mrs Bhanot and Miss Malcom-Haworth.
Half Termly Themes are as follows
|Term 1||Term 2|
|Autumn||Natural World||Early Britain|
|Spring||The Romans||Around the World|
In Year 3, we follow a creative, book led approach to Literacy and encourage the children to explore their ideas through lots of speaking, listening and drama activities. Over the year we will cover a wide range of fiction and non- fiction text types. Guided reading will continue on a daily basis in Year 3.
Reading is a vital skill that will support your child throughout his/her life. For this reason, daily reading is necessary to ensure that fluency and accuracy develops, whilst fostering a love for reading and books. Your child will be coming home with a reading book and planner. You kindly request that you record your child’s daily reading in their planner and both reading book and planner need to be brought into school on a daily basis.
- Please make sure your child brings their planner into school every day.
- Daily reading – please record pages read in planner.
- Spelling list to learn – this will go out on Wednesday and the test will be the following Wednesday
- Mathletics – on line programme – individual log in details inside planner, which have changed this year.
- Literacy Task
- Please make sure your child has a suitable, named P.E kit in school on a Thursday. The kit needs to consist of a white T-shirt or a house colour, black or dark shorts or trainers; plimsolls are not suitable for outside wear. Track suits or a warm top needed for colder weather.
- All children need a named water bottle to keep in the classroom.
- Donated boxes of tissues are very welcome and will be used by your child’s class.
- Reading books will be changed by the children themselves on a regular basis, they will read in a guided reading group with the class teacher once a week. They will also read with the Teaching Assistants too.
If you have any questions or concerns, please, in the first instance approach your child’s class teacher. If they are unable to help, Mrs. Machingauta is available as Year leader, or in her absence Mrs. Jefcut is available by appointment.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
The Year 3 Team