Welcome to Year 3!
In Year 3 our staff are:
- Year Leader – Helen Mastrilli
- 3L – Miss Lake, TA support – Mrs Peach
- 3JM – Mrs Mastrilli and Mrs James, TA support – Mrs Bhanot
- 3N – Miss Neustaeter, TA support – Mrs Majid
- 3P – Mr Philpott, TA support – Mrs Chaudhury
Mrs. Jefcut is the Deputy Head for Key Stage 2.
Daily lessons include Guided Reading, English and Maths.
Weekly lessons include Science.
Fortnightly lessons Computing, French and Philosophy.
Creative Learning Curriculum (History, Geography, R.E, Art and Music) – During autumn half term our topic is Adventure Stories. We have been reading a book called the Tunnel by Anthony Browne and the children have amazed us all with how well they have written their own version of the story. During the second half of the autumn term Year 3 will be learning about the Iron Age. Our focus will be based around the book ‘Stone Girl, Bone Girl’ by Laurence Anholt. The children will have the opportunity to take part in an Iron Age workshop where they will be dressing up and experiencing life as it was in the olden days. Geography, History, Art, DT and Drama will all be based around our studies of the Iron Age.
- Please make sure your child brings their planner into school every day.
- Daily reading – please record pages read in planner.
- Spelling list to learn – this will go out on Wednesday and the test will be the following Wednesday
- Mathletics – on line programme – individual log in details inside planner which have changed this year.
- Literacy Task
- Please make sure your child has a suitable, named P.E kit in school on a Thursday. The kit needs to consist of a white T-shirt or a house colour, black or dark shorts or trainers; plimsolls are not really suitable for outside wear. Track suits or a warm top needed for colder weather.
- All children need a named water bottle to keep in the classroom.
- Donated boxes of tissues are very welcome and will be used by your child’s class.
- Reading books will be changed by the children themselves on a regular basis, they will read in a guided reading group
- with the class teacher once a week. They will also read with the Teaching Assistants too.
If you have any questions or concerns, please, in the first instance approach your child’s class teacher. If they are unable to help, Mrs. McLaughlin is available as Year leader, or in her absence Mrs. Jefcut is available by appointment.
Thank you for your ongoing support,
The Year 3 Team